The *minimal* appearance on select_one, select_multiple seem to be misbehaving on mobile

During our QA step, our mobile tester ran into some strange ui behavior when the minimal appearance was used in conjunction with select_one or select_many question types.
image-20231023-110829

We have since removed the minimal appearance to meet our immediate needs.
Our CHT version is 4.2.x.
Some of our lists are quite long and, as a result of removing the appearance, has made our forms quite the scroll.
Has anyone ran into something similar?

@Anro can you provide some more details about the behavior you are seeing? (From the screenshot, I am not exactly sure what the behavior is you are experiencing…) Does it happen for all select questions or just certain ones? Can you recreate the behavior on the browser or is it specific to mobile devices? Also, on the mobile device, are you running in the browser or using cht-andriod? If you are using cht-android, what is your version of the app?

These details should help me to recreate the observed behavior!

Hi @jkuester

Apologies for my delay in response!
I’ve relayed your questions to our tester at the time and she has responded as follows:

Does it happen for all select questions or just certain ones?

All select_multiple question types.

Can you recreate the behavior on the browser or is it specific to mobile devices?

Cannot recreate on desktop browser even using inspection, recreated on both Android and iOS

are you running in the browser or using cht-andriod?

In the browser

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

That is helpful, thank you! Now, to be clear, what exactly is the problem with what is shown in the screenshot? Is there something missing that you expected to be rendered, or is there something being shown when it should not be?

My understanding is that the actual styling of the drop-down menu is going to be handled by the browser/OS. Can you share what version of Android you are using as well as the type of browser used and the version of that browser?

On Android 14, with Chrome 113, this is what the select_multiple box looks like for me: