Error on Sync Issue in Android Application

@ojwangantony - While you won’t need a Pi-hole per se, yes, you will need a DNS server given you’re trying to deploy in an entirely offline environment and you need to match a domain name to the name (CN) on the TLS certficiate. A Pi-hole is one way to solve this. See our offline documentation and my prototyping posts for more information.

We are currently doing further internal tests of the offline prototype with a planned facility site setup of the same on 26th Oct. We shall give feedback.

@andrineM - great, please keep us posted! We’re happy to help however we can.

I am happy to report that our team deployed the solution in one of our supported health facilities and it worked well. The facility is now able to use the android app as well as the browser.

We will continue monitoring the facility for at least a week before we can recommend scale up to other sites. Kindly allow us to provide more feedback next week and as appropriate

1 Like

Thanks @ojwangantony for the updates.

@andrineM - That’s really great news! Thanks so much for coming back and giving us all an update here on the forums.

If you have learned any lessons or disovered new best practices that would be helpful for others to know, I would be grateful if you could report them back here. Thank you!

Thanks so much to the CHT community for the enormous support in resolving our deployment issues. I am happy to report that the pilots were very successful and our implementing partners are planning for scale up of CHT in their supported health facilities.

For our offline deployments, we registered a new domain and got SSL certificates for use in deploying Afyastat. The local.ip option was really short term and expired in less that a week into our pilot, and getting the renewed ones took time thereby affecting the application use. We also learnt that the local.ip certs expired after 3 months with no guarantee on renewals.
We are happy to be part of the community and we’ll continue to provide feedback as we have many users use the application.

3 Likes

Thanks @ojwangantony for sharing the progress updates.

@mrjones Allow me to thank you and the CHT team for the support accorded to Palladium Kenya (KeHMIS 3 Project) as we run the prototype for the deployment of CHT on both online and offline environments. Below please see the progress that we have made.

Under the leadership of @ojwangantony from our development team, enockrugut has managed to further automated the process of setting up and configuring both pihole and CHT. This has made deployment a seamless process and we are now ready to carryout a mass rollout in our facilities.

Lavatsaleo has also worked closely with AbdulhakimRajab in testing out the scripts and giving feedback from our pilot facilities.

We look forward to further collaborations with the community. We shall continuously offer feedback and support. Thank you

2 Likes

@andrineM - thank you!

I’m linking our other, similar discussion here for those that would like to follow long.