Wrong tagging of location (Belongs to)

Hi,

we have a situation right now that there are times that the preload of data to the app was incorrect, like this one.

On this one, we uploaded it under
Davao Minicluster 2
_____Davao Cluster 2
__________Davao Branch 2
_______________Davao

But, one of my colleage said that this data should be fall under Davao Branch 1, so means that:

Davao Minicluster 1
_____Davao Cluster 1
__________Davao Branch 1
_______________Davao

But, based on this documentation , Offline users need to clear cache first and the resync again.

There are some offline users doesn’t know that process, So, I am wondering if there were faster and safer way to do this?

Can I do something like this on the code?

cht --instance= move-contacts – --contacts=[Davao Minicluster 2, Davao Cluster 2, Davao Branch 2] – parent=[Davao Minicluster 1, Davao Cluster 1, Davao Branch 1]

then

cht --local upload-docs – --docDirectoryPath=my_folder

within ‘[’ and ‘]’ are uuids for the locatoin.

Is this possible,??

Hi @Marcelo_De_Guzman

move-contacts is the right approach if your contacts are under the incorrect hierarchy. Your offline users will still need to resync after you move the contacts.

Thanks @diana ,

So, I can do this one, right ? my command is correct? for the contacts, It has 3 parent before the said document to be move on another location.

cht --instance= move-contacts – --contacts=[Davao Minicluster 2, Davao Cluster 2, Davao Branch 2] – parent=[Davao Minicluster 1, Davao Cluster 1, Davao Branch 1].

And also, I am trying this on the localhost, but it was not working, it was just like working with the online data only/.

Hi @Marcelo_De_Guzman

Please follow the documentation here

You need to use uuids, not contact types or names, and no brackets.