Welcome to the Community Health Toolkit Forum!

Welcome to The Community Health Toolkit Forum, a place for implementers, developers, contributors and users to share ideas and best practices, ask questions, or meet others who work in digital health! Together, we can build open source software for a new model of healthcare that reaches everyone.

Ready to get started? Please take a moment to introduce yourself!

1 Like

my name is mehmet i am a nurse and law student in germany and i want to build a platform where patients and nurses can get in touch and. from there i want to support them with little modular solutions like apps but as a longterm goal i want to implement usefull diy instruments based on micro controller developement.
Thus i help persons to take care of their selves and taker care of others.
for the beginning i am looking for any help to build a platform.
than a tool for authentification process to build trust therefore IDs and insurance and profession documents should be uploaded and checked.
Can someone help me or throw a few keywords which i can try to do research on.

3 Likes

Hello Mehmet, and welcome to the CHT forum!
The CHT supports a number of key features including; messaging for care coordination, alerts, and notifications.
While our documentation on hardware integrations is limited, we would be interested to hear about your experience integrating the CHT with the instruments you have in mind. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you require any support with the CHT.

4 Likes

Thank You for welcoming me in the CHT forum and nice to meet you Samuel!
And thank you for sharing your docs with me <3
its perfect for the beginning and learning and gives me a certain “red line” to follow a structured process. I think I will try to copy it if you dont mind? I am not sure if I am able to, just want to have a try… and god knows… :slight_smile: if it goes well, I can think of modifications…Do you have experienced alternatives for AWS?

1 Like

You’re welcome! I’m happy that you found the information useful. Feel free to follow any of the documentation on the CHT docs site and use it for your work as desired.
Most CHT applications are hosted on AWS as recommended. However, the CHT Docker Image Setup allows you to run the CHT on alternative platforms including your own local computer. Unfortunately, I’m not a cloud expert and don’t have any handy AWS alternatives at the moment. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dear CHT team, Glad to join this forum. I have been involved in facilitating training workshops, imparting online and physical training and would like to share my concerns as follows: 1) when it comes to skills development especially in the field of health at the primary care level, touching and examining a patient is of utmost importance that only comes by practice e.g. using stethoscope for rhonchi in lungs, palpation of thickened nerves and testing sensory and motor loss can not be learnt digitally. 2) not all community members have smartphones and internet connectivity. I would love to discuss it further

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @MAARIF! We are really glad to have you join us.

You raise some interesting points. The CHT is certainly meant to support health care workers and not replace health training or the human interaction involved in providing care. It is also a reality that smartphone penetration is low in many communities. The CHT supports SMS forms that work with basic phones, through which users can interact with the system via SMS.

I’d encourage you to raise these topics and others for discussion in the implementation category. In case you have specific questions or comments about the tools, then the product category would be a great place to start.

Hello, Am happy to be here. My name is Abert Namanya. Am a master’s student doing Masters of Science In Computing majoring in Mobile computing. Then also an open source developer volunteering with Openmrs

1 Like

Hi @abertnamanya, and welcome to the CHT forum! It’s so great to have you join us. We are good friends with many from the OpenMRS community and would love to continue learning from one another. @niraj would be a great person to connect with if you have questions about open-source development, particularly with the CHT.

Hello Team,

I glad to be here and also ready to learn new stuffs thanks.

2 Likes