Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi, I am Binod Adhikary. I currently live in Kathmandu, Nepal. I have been with Medic Mobile for the last two years as a Project Tech Lead of Asia. In addition to the Asia specific projects, I have been involved in the configuration of CHT demo and CHT reference apps.

I believe in the potential of human-centric design and the use of technology to support health and education. I am excited to work with a wider community to achieve the goal of universal access to health.

Thanks,
Binod

10 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Fatou Fall, Relationship Lead at Medic Mobile. I’m based in Dakar, Senegal and I support our deployments in West Africa. I joined Medic because I do believe that health workers deserve world-class software and being part of this community is just amazing! for francophone members, the community is a multi-language environment so do not hesitate to post in French directly if you want, we will be happy to answer and assist.
Feel free to reach out, thanks!

Bonjour tout le monde! Je suis Fatou Fall, Relationship Lead à Medic Mobile. Je suis basée à Dakar au Sénégal et j’apporte une assistance à tous nos déploiement en Afrique de l’Ouest. J’ai rejoint Medic car je crois sincèrement que les agents de santé méritent d’utiliser une application de renommée mondiale et faire partie de cette communauté est juste incroyable.

Pour vous francophones, ce forum est multi-langues donc soyez libre de poster directement en français si vous voulez. Avec mes collègues nous serons ravis de répondre et d’assister.

N’hésitez surtout pas, merci!

11 Likes

Hi all! I am a data scientist at Medic! I work on our data science projects, including predictive algorithms, universal health coverage, and equity. I’m also a social-cognitive psychologist by training, so I’m always happy to chat about data science, ethics, and human behavior and cognition. I’m based in Chicago with my partner and many, many pets. Looking forward to engaging with everyone!

8 Likes

Hi. I’m Victor Gomez, developer at Medic Mobile. I am based in Texas and have worked at Medic since 2018. I feel lucky to be part of a team that strives to help others and make a positive difference. Looking forward to learn and be part of this community.

10 Likes

Hi all! I am Willy Tekeu, software engineer at Medic. I have been with medic since Fall 2018. It has been an exciting journey so far. The people are great. It is fantastic to focus our energy and skills on exciting and impactful projects!

9 Likes

Welcome to the community @ray.brunsting! I haven’t personally haven’t worked in Guatemala but I have family ties there; my mom is in San Pedro La Laguna right now to work with a small scholarship program that she helped start roughly a decade ago. It looks like Kawok is in use right around San Pedro, it’s great to see such ambitious digital health efforts in the area.

3 Likes

Thanks for joining the forum @Ann! If there are particular questions or research topics that might interest your readers, please feel free to post questions in the #research category. If I can’t address the question(s) myself, I’d be happy to try to find a researcher who can.

2 Likes

Hi All ! I am Yuvraj Rimal, Impact Tech Lead at Medic, based on Kathmandu, Nepal. I am at exciting position in Medic where I help us see the impact and contribution we are making to the society that are hard to reach.

I’m excited to be the part of this broader community and always happy to talk about data and numbers.

10 Likes

Hi everyone!

My name is Diana Bârsan. I’m a Software Developer at Medic Mobile, having joined the team almost two years ago.
I am based in Deva, Romania.

I have a strong belief in human equality, including access to health care, information, and education. I am grateful for the opportunity to contribute towards the achievement of this goal by being part of this community and Medic Mobile.

10 Likes

Hello Gareth,
I have a avid researcher on Digital Health and have researched some innovative Digital Health products from across the world.

I shared with Ms Shreya Bhatt of Medic Mobile an innovative Digital Health product that can be of immense use for Medic Mobile in its work.

Sense4Baby: is a WIRELESS MATERNAL FETAL MONITORING. 
                  The Sense4Baby System is FDA cleared for conventional antepartum non-stress testing and/or uterine activity monitoring in a healthcare setting or the home. The system combines smart wireless device and secure, HIPAA-compliant cloud technology, enabling clinicians to perform cardiotocography for pregnancies remotely.

The system includes:

a) Doppler ultrasound fetal heart monitor

b) Traditional contraction monitoring tocodynamometer.

c) Pulse oximeter maternal heart monitor

d) Smart wireless tablet with a Sense4Baby app

e) Secure cloud web portal

f) Power cables, plugs & accessories

g) Carrying case

Regards,

1 Like

Hey All,
I am Regina Mutuku, Africa Regional Director at Medic Mobile, based in Nairobi Kenya.
Excited to be part of this community, sharing and learning together. Happy to jump into discussions on deployment/implementation operations of the technologies including related design strategy conversations.

15 Likes

Hello! I’m @alix, Operations Associate at Medic Mobile. I am typically based in San Francisco and have been with the team for 2.5 years. I am passionate about effective collaboration and knowledge sharing. I am thrilled to be a part of this community and am extremely excited to watch it grow! :wave: :seedling:

8 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Kristopher Kivutha. Hopefully, we will be partnering (before the end of the year) with the Center for Public Health and Development to develop tools to help support community, social and mental health in Africa.

I am originally from Toronto, Ontario but have moved to Kenya and spend most of my time between Nairobi and Wote, Makueni.

If you are also passionate about Universal Health, drop me a line. If you find yourself spending way too much time talking about microservices, native apps(Kotlin), give me a shout.

Thanks

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Kristopher_Kivutha! I’d be curious to hear what systems you’ve been working on. Any open source stuff? Focused on particular health areas? I’ve been following Resolve to Save Lives’ Simple app, which is in Kotlin, but so far haven’t seen any other digital health projects in Kotlin despite how much interest Kotlin seems to have generated in the wider tech community.

3 Likes

Hi @Kristopher_Kivutha , and welcome to the Forum. My first meet-up with the Medic Mobile team was in Toronto, and my second was at the Medic Office in Nairobi; I’m a bit jealous you’ve been able to live in two of my favorite cities!

I noticed in your Community Health App Demo Request you mentioned an interest in building apps that can integrate with the Medic Mobile ecosystem. Our #developement:integrations-interoperability and #developement:documentation sub-categories are both new, but may be the perfect place to explore what resources you’re looking for, or would like to see in the future!

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is David Kitheka, Finance Officer at Medic Mobile Inc’ and based in Nairobi, Kenya. Excited to be part of this community and open to share, discuss and hear more about budgets, controls and financial planning.

Let us crack this sector as we strive to achieve UHC!

6 Likes

Thanks, @isaacholeman! We just started. For the rest of Nov and Dec 2019, we will mostly be writing proposals, specifications and working to grow our network of partners/champions/contacts.

Open Source Projects
I come from an enterprise background (but we did use a lot of open-source tech). I haven’t been involved in pure open-source projects since my school years. Work-study positions included.

• Google Summer of Code, Center of Computational Medicine @ UofT.
  • Ontario Child Abuse and Neglect Database System, Factor-Inwentash - Social Work @ UofT.
  • Research Paper - Social Media and US Elections, Department of Economics @ UofT.

The last two were mostly data projects. I try to help out with Outreachy and HackOctober but mainly as a hobbyist. Of late though, there just hasn’t been enough time.

Resolve to Save Lives
I :heart_eyes: the Resolve to Save Lives’ Simple app, Thanks for the link. It is designed well (with thought), small APK size and has a great little documentation section. I am not sure that it handles offline syncing though. Correction: It does handle offline sync. I would love to replicate their best practices with what we are working on.

4 Likes

Thanks, @francesca. I mostly stay in Nairobi. I haven’t been back to Toronto in the last 2 years. My friends want me to stay longer in Nairobi. It seems in my absence Toronto won an NBA Championship, an MLS Championship maybe if I stay longer the Maple Leafs have a chance at winning something.

I will post my questions #developement:integrations-interoperability and #developement:documentation in their respective categories. Thanks again for the assistance.

If possible would it be possible to extend my access to the Community Health App until the end of December 2019? I just need to get all my writing done as soon as possible so I can have time to focus on development.

3 Likes

Absolutely, @Kristopher_Kivutha! We can keep your demo account open as long as you need. And ha! Toronto sports fans everywhere should thank you for your service, I can’t stop laughing! :maple_leaf:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind welcome @isaacholeman. The Health Alliance International (HAI) and Catalpa are co-implementing Liga Inan. Would definitely be keen to share our lessons-learned with the group and look forward to learn and connect with colleagues working in digital health.

1 Like