Unexpected search results

Hi @michael, unfortunately the results would most likely follow suite this side. We’ve only very recently explicitly asked our CHWs to start using the search feature when we found an increased amount of duplicate data entries being captured.

It could have been due to:

1. Their lists becoming too large to easily spot existing records
  2. The 50 contact list item limit bug
  3. Them being used to a duplicate check on new contact creation

I unfortunately don’t have access to our prod databases just yet. Our data scientist is looking into pulling the users_meta data through to our community db, however it might take some time. I’ll be sure to relay the anonymized results back to you asap.
I don’t believe there would be much data available from our go-live on November 30th, 2024, until now. As far as I’m aware, the search feature has largely gone unused.
With that said, as per conversations in this thread & the thread linked above, we recently made a test adjustment to the contacts_by_freetext ddoc just last week. We’re now only indexing the name: related values, enabling searches from one character onwards. This change accommodates short names, including single digits, for plots and locations.
Eg:

In order for the xform db lookup widget (db-object-widget.js) to follow suite, we’d need to edit the select2-search.service.ts file - updating the minimumInputLength to “1”. And of course edit the contacts_by_type_freetext view in order to index the required values similar to the above-mentioned view.
As can be seen, unedited it does not index the “1” in the “1 Step closer” dwelling (and still indexes all the other record info that we’re not interested in searching on):

Do you foresee any adverse affects with running such a configuration?

Thank you for all the detailed response!