Technical Assistance Required: Klipfolio Setup Anomalies

Hi All, I hope this message finds you well.
We have recently inherited a setup that involves Klipfolio integration from a previous team. Unfortunately, the transition has exposed several intricacies that need immediate attention.

Upon thorough investigation, we’ve identified that the queries responsible for data ingestion into Klipfolio divided across two distinct accounts, but the visualized data within our Klips also appear to be out of sync with recent updates.

In our attempt to resolve this issue, we’ve undertaken the task of reconfiguring our data sources. However, even after this reconfiguration, the fetched data remains outdated, and the Klips continue to display historical information. I’ve attached a screenshot to the results of a recent fetch

An additional hurdle we’re grappling with is the lack of access to passwords for the accounts responsible for firing these queries. This constraint is posing a significant barrier to our troubleshooting and resolution efforts.

Your support in working around this challenge is highly appreciated

Hi @gk0harris ,

Klipfolio supports multiple data sources and I am not sure what data sources (google sheet, direct connection to database, or anything else) was used to design your widgets. You can figure that out if you open that widget idnividually. You’ll see something like this. On Use Data Sources section, you can see the data sources being used by that widget.

When you click those data sources, then you can see when was that data last time refreshed, how periodically is the data source configured to be refresh and what current data looks like. From the Reconfigure Connection, you can configure the query or data source being used for that widget.

An additional hurdle we’re grappling with is the lack of access to passwords for the accounts responsible for firing these queries.

I assume this is you not gaining access to the user being used for querying database. If you still have access to the database via other user, you can create new user and update that information on klipfolio.

If you can ellaborate the situation more clealry, we can suggest some ways to work with this.

1 Like

Thank you @yuv for your insights,
We use a direct connection between our Klipfolio widgets/Klips and the PostgreSQL database. Despite re-configuring the data sources/queries, we’re encountering a discrepancy where the retrieved data doesn’t reflect recent updates.
Furthermore, specific queries are highlighting permission issues on certain forms.

Regarding the password access concern, it directly relates to accessing the database user employed for querying purposes. Regrettably, we lack access to the passwords required for this access.

we’re eager to leverage your expertise in resolving this challenge. Thank you

Hi @gk0harris ,

we’re encountering a discrepancy where the retrieved data doesn’t reflect recent updates.

Has the query being used pulled out recent data or because password has changed, it can’t query any more? If password has changed, data source would display historical data as it’d try to connect with old credentials and that’d fail.

we lack access to the passwords required for this access.

I regret to know your situation. However, you can setup new database system and sync couchdb data to postgres. I hope you have access to SQL files for any additional objects that you created.