Should private=true work also for reports concerning only patients?

Hi,

Here is my hierarchy
Heath_area (Focal Point) > district_hospital (Supervisor) > Health_center (CHW) > Clinic (Household) > patient

For a Focal Point, I have set detph = 4 and report_depth = 0 because I need access to his children’s contacts and submit an action form from any patient’s contact. Though there is a risk of replicating to many contacts, this is working but the CHW is seeing the FP’s reports for his patients.

I’ve added a private = true on that Focal point’s form but nothing changes. Is private working only when a report concerns a user? If yes, is there a workaround for my case or am I missing something?
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Marina,

Private only works when a report concerns the user or the user’s homeplace.

Thanks Diana.
Is there any proposed workaround to hide patients’ reports submitted by the focal point to the CHWs?

I don’t believe there is a valid workaround.
There is a feature request that could be expanded to cover this: Specialized supervisor roles: add ability to filter replicated needs_signoff reports by form type · Issue #7156 · medic/cht-core · GitHub

One horrible “hack” that you could try is to force an error on the report doc, so it would not be associated to the patient: https://github.com/medic/cht-core/blob/master/ddocs/medic/views/docs_by_replication_key/map.js#L24
I wouldn’t recommend to do this in your config, though.

1 Like