My transition and gratitude

Dear All,

It has been a great honor to serve in the role of CEO Medic for the past 11 years. My approach has been to recruit people smarter than me, equip them with the resources they need to do inspired work for others, and make sure everyone involved could focus on our shared mission.

Today, I am writing with news that it is time for me to transition out of my role as CEO of Medic. This is a hard path, and also the right one. While the decision weighed on me heavily, I know it will set up the organization and our open source community to keep growing and flourishing. You can read more about the transition on Medic’s blog here: http://medicmobile.org/blog/reflections-and-an-announcement-from-josh-nesbit. I know you’ll hear more from the Medic team in the coming months.

Launching the CHT forum was a key moment in our effort to get more great people involved in this movement, and it was inspiring to see the forum pass 500 members last month. I look forward to continuing to contribute here!

So many of you – advisors, teammates, friends, family, colleagues caring for your neighbors – have stretched and grown with me. I am grateful for every effort and the solidarity I have witnessed and felt. Truly, this work has given me windows into the best of humanity. Thank you.

With immense hope for the future,
Josh

24 Likes

It’s been a gift working with you these many years Josh, and the outpouring of love on Twitter signals how many people have appreciated working with you. Thank you for the years of effort, for making this transition at a good time and handling it thoughtfully. I know your immense hope for the future is widely shared in the CHT community :raised_hands: :star_struck:

4 Likes

@joshnesbit, you will be missed at Medic! I cannot wait to see where your journey takes you next – and look forward to continuing to have your voice as an integral member of our community. It’s been a pleasure to work with you and I know you will bring your passion and care to your next steps :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Hi Josh, Thank you for visioning, establishing, and bringing Medic and CHT to this level. It’s been a pleasure to work with you. Wishing you all goods for your next steps. I know it’ll be as amazing as Medic.

5 Likes

@joshnesbit it has been incredibly inspiring and a true privilege to work with you over the years. Your leadership, passion, and empathy have helped build a brilliant team and community and create real impact, touching the lives of millions around the world. I’m excited for what’s next in your journey and the social good that will undoubtedly follow, and look forward to your continued contributions to our community! :pray:

5 Likes

We learned a lot from you Josh, your daily presence will be missed. You did a lot to bring Medic and CHT to where it is and we know there is a great future ahead for CHT.
Looking forward to seeing how your next step is going to impact on humanity.

7 Likes

An end is only a beginning in disguise.
Bests to you @joshnesbit!

5 Likes

Thank you Josh for your enormous contribution and dedication to the mission. I’ve greatly enjoyed working with you and every time we talked I came away feeling inspired and reinvigorated.

All the best for your next step in your journey!

3 Likes

Thank you Josh for kickstarting and leading the Medic team for the past decade! It was a pleasure and privilege working together over that time.

It’s been said that someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Your passion for people and health equity has built and shaped the Medic team and CHT community to what it is today, and I am excited to see what trees you plant next!

6 Likes

Excited for your new endeavour and I can’t wait to see what you do next! Thanks for your constant inspiration and dedication, it’s been a true privilege working with you :black_heart:

5 Likes

Josh, it’s been an honor working with you. Thank you for your dedication to Medic and community health over the years. Wishing you the best in your next steps!

4 Likes

It’s been an honour working under your stewardship @joshnesbit. You’ve inspired us and kept us grounded in the mission and I’m sure you’ll take this with you in your next steps. All the best in your new path!

3 Likes

@joshnesbit Thank you for setting up an organization that places health equity at the core of it’s mission. It’s been a great honor working under your stewardship. Thank you for being an inspiration and a true reflection of humility in leadership. Best wishes and I look forward to hearing what comes next.

6 Likes

It’s been an honor to serve under your stewardship and guidance. You have been a great inspiration, and I cannot wait to see what the future hold for you. Wishing you the very best.

2 Likes