Lagging forms and for computing of some data in the app forms

Hi,

We are experiencing some issues with the application. It was somehow lagging the data, means that when we select or input something on the textfield, and then when clicking a few more next, when on calculations, the data was not fetch so that the calculation will be an error or unknown, but when we refresh it, it will somehow make the calculations.

Like this one,
On Scenario #1, the Height is not fetch from the textfield, so the BMI is blank

So, we do refresh the website and run it again, it will fetch the data and compute the BMI.

This one is happening on the website format, that has faster internet rather than the phone format.
So, the issue now is what are we gonna do to fix this one on the web format, because when it happened on faster internet, what more on the offline more.

Hi @Marcelo_De_Guzman !

Sorry to hear you’re having an issue with data lagging. I would love to know more details so we can help you! Please take a moment to answer each of these:

1. What version of CHT Core are you running?
  2. Can you list the specific steps you take to “do a refresh of the website”? Please be literal so we can reproduce the steps - thanks!
  3. Are you able to share the form you’re having an issue with - maybe in a google sheet or other online copy?
  4. Are you able to reliably reproduce this or is it seemingly random?
  5. You mentioned the “website format” vs “phone format” - can you clarify if this happens for online users vs offline users?

thanks!

Hi @mrjones ,

1. What version of CHT Core are you running?
  • APP Version 3.17.1 by medic
  1. Can you list the specific steps you take to “do a refresh of the website”?
  • for refreshing of the website, we just do the reload this page button on the web format
  • we do also “Sync Now” on the menu on the upper right
    1. Are you able to share the form you’re having an issue with - maybe in a google sheet or other online copy? screening_adulthood
  1. It was happening mostly on the online users

Thanks so much for the info!

Out of curiosity - are you able to test if you see this same behavior in the latest CHT version (4.5.1)? We have docs for both docker and and an automated script (docker helper) to make it easier to test locally.

Otherwise, we’ll look into what you’ve posted and see what we can find!

Unfortunately, I cannot test that one to CHT v4.5.1 due to we don’t still know to setup the v4 of CHT.

I can try the one you’ve been linked, I will try to install it but I think it takes me more time to do this one.

Hi @Marcelo_De_Guzman , we are sorry that you’re facing this issue on your end. It is unlikely for CHT to behave like what you mentioned here. Let me understand the problem in a right way first.

• When you are filling the screening_adulthood form, BMI is not calculated. But while still filling out, if you refresh the form, the field is calculated. You hit refresh while you are filling the same form or you exit and come back to fill up the form?
  • Based on the form you lniked, bmi_woman is calculated when 3 conditions are satisfied, pregnant = yes and have_woman_scale = yes and have_woman_stadiometer = yes. And the calculation is round(${woman_weight} div ((${woman_height} div 100) * (${woman_height} div 100)),3).

In order to debug it more, can you do following:

• In your pregnancy_age_data, note print value of varaible, pregnant, have_woman_stadiometer and have_woman_scale as well?

• Post the screenshot of the page where you are capturing height and weight and another one where you are printing note.

because when it happened on faster internet, what more on the offline more.

Even if this issue is reproducable, it has nothing to do with internet speed while filling out the form. So, there’s less thing to be worried about.