Is contact.reports limited to a certain number of documents?

Happy new year to all of you guys!

We have stock_receipt documents that belong to a CHW area (doc.place_id === chw_area._id).

The documents are still on the user device and can be accessed by their uuids.

The fact is that :

• We can’t see them in the Contact Summary reports pane
  • They also cannot be contacted via the ‘reports’ property in the contact summary.
  • If we reduce the number of other documents, they can be reached again.

Do you know if there is a limitation on the number of documents of the ‘contact.reports’ property?

The short answer is that I do not think there should be a hard limit on the number of reports accessible to the contact summary.

I can try to recreate this behavior, but it would be helpful to know:

1. What version of the CHT are you seeing this on?
  2. Approximately how many docs are associated with the contact in question?

Thank you for your prompt reply @jkuester ,

• We are using CHT version 3.15.
  • With a query based on place_id the contact has ~40 documents since 2 months and “stock_receipt” documents are among them.

However, 50 documents are displayed in the contact summary. These 50 documents include reports related to CHW such as self-assessment and EPI use.

These 50 docs do not include stock_receipt documents which appear to be older than the reports displayed.

The list seems to be limited to 50 documents…

:+1: Thanks for the context! I was able to confirm that my initial statement was wrong and there is, in fact, a hard limit on the number of reports accessible to the contact summary calculation (and displayed on the contact’s page).

Even on the latest version of cht-core, the limit is 50 docs. I expect this was deliberately done, probably for performance purposes, but I do plan to update the contact-summary documentation to be more explicit about this limitation!

Regarding your current use-case, it probably makes sense to evaluate your purging rules to see if any of the other docs could be removed from the client device so that the stock_receipt docs are not drowned out.

Hi
this is really a bad surprise for us, we’ve developed a workflow for stock management that performs calculation on contact sumary but if no stock management data_records are produced and other data_records arrives to 50…
We should

By the other side we know about a module for the cht here GitHub - medic/cht-stock-monitoring-workflow
In this repo the getSummary function is defined cht-stock-monitoring-workflow/src/cht/stock-summary.js at 6ace50cd9419ffeff5530c0cc7260a8d2192c4f6 · medic/cht-stock-monitoring-workflow · GitHub to use reports and modify the contact summary and in the index.js this function is exported,

I’m figuring out that once this module GitHub - medic/cht-stock-monitoring-workflow installed, we would need to call the exported getStockMonitoringSummaryCards from the ontact-summary.templated.js file of our config, so, if i’m right the same 50 report restriction will be in place even if we installed medic’s GitHub - medic/cht-stock-monitoring-workflow module,
am I right ?

in the updated docs “an array of reports for the contact or for any of the contact’s children.” but I think that the correct is “an array of reports for the contact or for any of the contact’s PERSON children.”
thanks

1 Like

in the updated docs “an array of reports for the contact or for any of the contact’s children.” but I think that the correct is “an array of reports for the contact or for any of the contact’s PERSON children.”
thanks

Good point! Fixed in feat(contact-summary): clarify that children reports are only for persons by jkuester · Pull Request #1258 · medic/cht-docs · GitHub

Just for the record, the answer to this question is, yes, the 50 report limit is at the framework level and to the best of my knowledge the cht-stock-monitoring-workflow does not provide any way to bypass this limit.

Is this a CHT-Core regression? I suspect it is.

Basically if a woman is pregnant, there is no way in the CHT to know she is pregnant if it happened 50 reports ago…? This is a very poor experience.

Is this a CHT-Core regression? I suspect it is.

I have confirmed that this 50-report limit behavior is the same in 3.9. So, if it is a regression it is crazy old.

1 Like

That’s surprising… Thanks so much for confirming :slight_smile:

1 Like

After additional discussion, we are treating this as a bug (unintentional behavior):

1 Like