I want to find out how much storage space the IndexedDB is using, and delete it if necessary.
- Go to Settings
- Go to Content Settings
- Go to All cookies and site data
- Search for the URL of the app you want to manage
- Select the site
- Click on Indexed Database
Click the “x” to delete the database.
- Go to Tools
- Go to Page Info
- Go to Permissions
- Scroll down to Maintain Offline Storage
Click “clear storage” to delete the database and other offline data.
I think the above info may be a little outdated?
I think these days the simplest and most interesting way of managing IndexedDB is by looking in the developer tools under Application in Chrome and (sort of) Storage in Firefox.
These panes let you both look inside IndexedDB (great for debugging) as well as let you clear dbs that it has setup. In Chrome there is a convenient button to delete everything, but Firefox is unfortunately a little more complicated.
If you want to delete absolutely everything in FF I think the simplest is:
- Go to privacy preferences (
- Click Manage Data
- Search for the domain (e.g. localhost) and then click and remove the ones you want