Help us identify what documentation we are missing

We want to ensure our tools are accessible and can be easily used by the people who need them most. A key component of that effort will be creating new documentation, refining existing resources, and finding the best way to make them available to our community. We are investing in improvements to https://docs.communityhealthtoolkit.org/ and looking for feedback.

We’d love to hear from you: What documentation do you currently feel could be improved or expanded? What resources should we focus on creating in the coming months? Where have you hit “road blocks” to deploying or configuring our tools in the past?

3 Likes

Missing doc for self hosting ec2 server

Hi Ken, I am following the amazing guide for EC2 self Hosting but I hit a snag on no. 3: Provision docker server. It points to a 404 page that’s supposed to be a cht-doc on Github. Slack was the other option, but the slack channel is closed, according to this info.

1 Like

Hi @Francis_Amenya,
Yeah, that repo is currently private (sorry about that!). We’re working to move everything into the public domain. In the meantime, here are the readme instructions:

1. Mount the attached EBS volume to the instance. Mount it to /srv
  2. Make an entry in /etc/fstab so that the volume is always mounted on every boot. (Fstab - Community Help Wiki)
  3. Run the prepare.sh command from within the prepare-system/ubuntu folder
  4. See if things are running by doing a sudo docker ps
  5. You can connect to the running container using sudo docker exec -it medic-os /bin/bash
  6. You can check supervisorctl by doing sudo supervisorctl . It should show you that medic is RUNNING

@nyika may be able to help you access the ubuntu scripts

2 Likes

Hey, @Francis_Amenya , You should be able to access the files here.

3 Likes

Thank you @Max and @Nyika for the swift response, I have resumed the setup process.

2 Likes

Section 2 of ec2 setup refers to mounting the EBS volume. The statement about ‘Follow the instructions here: Using EBS Volumes’ has details about using mkfs to assign a file system of xfs and then we specify how to do it in the next step using ext4. We should probably clarify which is needed.

2 Likes

Good call @Nick. I’ve added your comment to the open GH issue being worked on by SRE

1 Like