Excellent CHW PPE distribution dashboard by CAFA

For those that appreciate a good dashboard, in the most recent monthly newsletter by CHIC (@mballard) they shared this awesome dashboard by the Covid-19 Action Fund for Africa (CAFA). It tracks community health worker PPE distribution across 24 countries in sub-Saharan Africa. I love the overall format, simple color-coding, and easy-to-use drill-down option by country.

The COVID-19 Action Fund for Africa: A PPE Initiative for Community Health Workers is an action-oriented collaborative of over 30 organizations dedicated to protecting Community Health Workers (CHWs) on the frontlines of Africa’s COVID-19 response. The Fund’s goal is to raise up to $100 million to supply personal protective equipment (PPE) to CHWs in as many as 24 African countries for approximately one year.

4 Likes

I do love a good dashboard, and this is fascinating. Thanks for sharing, @jeffjacobs and @mballard!

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing this work, @jeffjacobs! For more information on PPE needs for CHWs, as well as recommendations for policy action, I suggest folks take a look at this recent comment published by Center for Global Development Protecting Community Health Workers: PPE Needs and Recommendations for Policy Action from @Carey_Westgate @mballard and others in our community!

2 Likes