CHT Docker Helper for 4.0 not installing TLS Cert

Thanks for this [docker helper], very helpful the script!

I think there is an issue with the env file created, the common_name default doesn’t match the one given by the script (127-0-0-1 …) so I was having an issue when uploading forms because the cert wasn’t valid that was solved by adding the common_name to the .env file (thanks to @delcroip ). Maybe I missed a step but sharing the experience in case someone comes across the same issue

@magp18 - thanks for the report about the cert issues!

Can you give some more details?

The URL that the script gives back is 127-0-0-1.my.local-ip.co and the CN (common name) on the cert is *.my.local-ip.co:

openssl s_client -showcerts -servername 127-0-0-1.my.local-ip.co -connect 127-0-0-1.my.local-ip.co:10443 </dev/null | grep 'my.local'|grep subject

subject=CN = *.my.local-ip.co

This should work for both cht-conf and browsers alike.

You mentioned adding common_name to the .env file - is that your docker compose .env file found in ~/.medic or a different one?

Any details with steps to reproduce or error messages would be helpful - thanks!

Also - noting I moved your inquiry into technical support so others might find if they’re facing the same issue. A link at the bottom of the original post is still there for a trail too!

Hi,
Sorry for the delay, I was on holidays.

I went to scripts/docker-helper-4.x and ran the script and then the common name created in the env file was not matching the output of the console. But I just ran it again and seems like it works as expected without adding this field to the env file, seems like I might have missed something when I tried before

1 Like

@magp18 - great, thanks for reporting back that the issue was solved by re-running the docker helper script for 4.x!