Alignment of labels with asterisks in app forms

Hello community

Wondering if there is a way to align the labels with the asterisks * on the same line with fields that have been marked as required in app forms for example First Name with the asterisks * in the screenshot below

cc @jkuester @diana

Can you share more about the exact xlsxform row that results in this behavior? I think it is unexpected to have the asterisk on a second line like in your screenshot. I tested with a required string that had a hint and it looks like this (on both 3.9.0 and 4.3+):

Also, what is your CHT version? Is this happening in a browser or cht-android app (and which version)? Thanks!

thanks @jkuester , am using 3.17.1

its happening in the browser

Well, good news and bad news. The good news is that I have figured out what is going on here (mostly). The bad news is that it appears to be a bug in the form CSS. Basically. the asterisk appears to be aligned on the next line whenever you include a required field inside a group that has the summary appearance. (Note that your person group has the appearance field-list summary.) I have logged a new issue for this behavior:

1 Like

thanks @jkuester :+1: for the good and bad news :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@cliff Just to note that this has been fixed and released in CHT Core 4.6.0

3 Likes

thanks @gareth for this update