Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi,

I’m Mariano Ruiz, a Software Developer at Medic Mobile, working remotely from Argentina :argentina:. I’m very excited to be part of this awesome community that makes a work so important these days :muscle:.

I’m a “geek” of tech and programming :nerd_face:, and enjoy to contribute to open source initiatives like the CHT. I have a few open source projects in my Github account and I also like to contribute back in other open communities like Stack Overflow.

9 Likes

Hi, everyone! I’m Kelly, and I’m the new communications officer at Medic Mobile. I started alongside @mrjones + @mrsarm all the way back in June. :upside_down_face: I support Medic on all things external comms, which includes the opportunity to share the awesome work of this equally awesome community.

I’m always available to chat potential blog post ideas, interesting articles, or brainstorm how we might be able to showcase our collective work/updates/successes/challenges with the :earth_americas: ! Please don’t hesitate to reach out.

6 Likes

Welcome @kellyhagler! It’s so great to have you on the team :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Eric Hummel, of Vínculo in Washington state. I’m a System Security Architect, working with various CHW programs in the US. For now I am focused on HIPAA compliance and interoperability. We also have our own open source project for community service referrals called the Common Health Core, which we hope to integrate using the FHIR framework. For the moment. I look forward to discussions about the implementation of SMS text workflows with attention to the potential for encryption.

4 Likes

Welcome @eric.hummel! Interested to learn more about your work on HIPAA compliance and interoperability, particularly the use of the FHIR framework. I know @michael will be excited to engage with you as well!

Thank you @helenelizabeth. I’ll describe a little about the project and if anyone has suggestions please contact me. We are wanting to support a population health program in Washington State that involves diabetes and mental health. Most of it should be standard CHT fare except for three things. First is being in the US under HIPAA regs. That will mean beefing up the access control, encryption and hosting as determined by a risk assessment. It also will mean that we will need to find a way of encrypting some SMS content, if we use that. And, for reasons I can explain another time, I think we will want to use SMS, so I will need a discussion here about options. Connection to two separate covered entities (medical and behavioral) with separate EPIC systems argues for a FHIR interface, probably through a FHIR server. The good news is that the sponsors want to build something that works, not just buy something that sort of works. So we should be able to stage the development. If there are any users out there with experience with any of these requirements, I would love to pick their brains and share.

4 Likes

Hi all! I’m Craig and I’m an engineering manager at Medic Mobile. I’ll be working with the team to build the CHT. I have been building software for many years and generally enjoy anything you might classify as “computer stuff”.

6 Likes

Hi Everyone! I’m Ruth and I’ll be serving as the Comptroller for Medic Mobile. I’m excited to be a part of the team and contribute to the improvement of quality healthcare for all. I live in the Charlotte, NC area with my husband and three children. I look forward to connecting with you and learning how I can support you and your teams in furthering our collective mission.

6 Likes

Hi all! I am Senan and I co-founded Hikma Health, dedicated to creating a lightweight mobile EHR that is free, open source, and easy to deploy and use offline. Our software is now being used by clinical organizations serving refugees and low income patients in Lebanon and Nicaragua. As we have built out our core technology and are now expanding the clinical modules, our team looks forward to learning from everyone’s experiences here in the CHT community.

6 Likes

Hey everyone! Hassaan here, another co-founder of Hikma Health. As Senan said above, we work on designing a full scale but lightweight EHR designed for low-resource settings. I manage our partnerships, working with local clinical staff at NGOs to customize and deploy our platform. I am in awe of this inspiring community and look forward to learning from all of you.

7 Likes

Hi Everyone! I’m Zahra and I’m COO and co-founder of Hikma Health - looking forward to learning from all of you! As my colleagues mentioned above, we have been working on designing a mobile-first, lightweight EHR platform specifically for low-resource settings. Thank you for all that you do and for being role models for our own work!

6 Likes

Hello! I’m Toby and I maintain the technical side of Hikma Health’s EHR. I am excited for the opportunity to partner with CHT and work with you all.

6 Likes

I had a little correspondence with Jeff yesterday, so I’ll just paste that :wink:

I found you while searching for graphic design tickets. I’ve been learning Gimp a little lately and was looking for some beginner issues.

I didn’t find any open issues that I could work on, and I searched the forum for stuff related to graphic design/logos/icons, but didn’t see any categories like that.

As for code, anything other than C, I’m pretty much out of my element. The medic os repo was interesting (I did Linux from Scratch once). I didn’t see any tickets there I could work on though.

4 Likes

Hello everyone. I’m Kevin Korir, Software Engineering Manager at Living Goods. I am based in Nairobi, Kenya. I look forward to sharing and learning from this awesome community!

5 Likes

Hi everyone. Kenneth Atria here, Software Engineer @ Living Goods Uganda. I am Looking forward to contributing to this CHT forum.

5 Likes

Hello everyone! I am Josh Kuestersteffen and I recently joined the Medic team as a software developer. Excited to be a part of this community and the great work that is happening here!

4 Likes

So glad to have you on board, @jkuester!

Hi everyone. Tessie Waithira here, a researcher based in Nairobi Kenya specifically in design research. Currently conducting research on how digital platforms affect livelihoods with a focus on Kenya. I am also interested in communities and open source projects.

Excited to take some time and catch up with some of the work that medic is doing. I also look forward to sharing my learnings on conducting research in Kenya.

6 Likes

So glad to have you here, @Tessie and looking forward to learning more about your work!

1 Like

Greeting from SunyaEk computing Nepal, me Arun Sahani, an enthusiastic IT researcher having involved for the IT research, innovation for the app development, system integration and Cyber Security domain. Much excited to share and collaborate for the new possibilities and en-devours.

5 Likes