Re-configuring app form for a task

Hello @diana

Is it possible to have two tasks configured for the same app form at different times for-example an app form to reschedule an appointment to be filled in again in case a patient missed an appoint …

1 Like

Hi @cliff

Yes, you can even have the same task have multiple actions or multiple events.
Have a look at tasks.js | Community Health Toolkit for examples

thanks @diana for the feedback :+1:,

the events while help adding different tasks to appear depending on the number of days configured for each event however the scenario i am looking at is if i have a question in a task i am feeling out and the selecting of one option while automatically trigger a new task for the same form to re-appear again after some days

Hi @cliff

I’m not sure I understand your question. Could you please rephrase or include an example? Thanks!

Hi @cliff. If I understand your question correctly, you would like to be able to have a task that in turn schedules another task at a future date relative to the task you just completed.

Yes, you can do that. A couple of examples:

• a follow-up task form that contains a field where you select the date of the next follow-up. The next follow-up task will then appear on that date.
  • a follow-up task that once complete, schedules another task at x days from the reported date of the current task report.

Yes @samuel i would like to have a task that in turn schedules another task at a future date relative to the task you just completed but using the same app form for the follow-up task again ie more like a loop through .

hello @diana i would like to have a task that in turn schedules another task at a future date relative to the task you just completed but using the same app form for the follow-up task again ie more like a loop through .

@cliff, that’s possible. Your appliesToType and actions[n].form would have the same form code. You would then use events[n].days to specify the number of days from the reported date that the next task will be due (See tasks.js). I hope this helps.

1 Like