Webinar Jan 14th: Equitable COVID-19 vaccine delivery: Leveraging digital health to monitor and track individuals

Hi CHT community,

I’ve been speaking with a number of you about applications of digital technology to covid vaccine roll out, and thought that @cfeld, @helenelizabeth, @emilyaclandmichael @julieodette @David_Citrin and others might be interested. The webinar is being hosted by the World Bank. I’ll be joining a panelist with folks from Dimagi and Ona, and someone from the DHIS2 community will be a discussant. I’ll paste details below, hope some of you can join!

COVID-19 and Building the Future of Health Systems Learning Series

Equitable COVID-19 vaccine delivery: Leveraging digital health to monitor and track individuals
Thursday, January 14th 2021
8:30-9:30 AM ET

Join Using WebEx Meeting number: 180 547 9734 | Password: FiBDQdmW397
Synopsis:

Preparation for a COVID-19 vaccine presents a key entry point for broader health systems strengthening and requires client countries to think critically about how they are ensuring equitable distribution of services. This goes beyond developing prioritized vaccine allocation plans and getting vaccines to point of delivery. Accomplishing this feat requires a people-centered, systems approach that can delivery resources efficiently, track course completion of vaccine regimens, and provide accurate data and real-time analytics to quickly inform decision-making and action. Ideally, innovative multi-dimensional service delivery models meet countries where they are in terms of level of complexity. By augmenting or integrating into existing systems and focusing on meeting urgent priorities, there is a critical opportunity for these innovations to strengthen countries’ health systems for long-term impact.

The Service Delivery Innovation team is continuing our series by hosting a conversation with leaders from three prominent Global Good mobile platforms – CommCare (by Dimagi), Community Health Toolkit (by Medic Mobile), and OpenSRP (by Ona). These three organizations will discuss their collective effort to create standardized solutions for equitable vaccine delivery across their respective platforms that facilitate longitudinal patient tracking, decision support, bi-directional messaging with the community and digital vaccine certificates. The collaboration will also discuss the importance of investing in a dual-use approach that enables immediate support for the COVID-19 vaccine and expansion to support immunizations and other health systems use cases.

3 Likes

Thank you @Isaac Holeman for sharing this really interesting conversation. Sadly, I will be unable to attend. Do you know if it will be recorded? I bet many of us who cannot make this session would like to listen at a later time. Thank you!

image001.jpg

2 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing, @isaacholeman. I’m looking forward to reviewing the recording of the session and learning about supporting thoughtful applications of digital tools to COVID-19 vaccine delivery in a collaborative way with Ona, Dimagi, and others.

2 Likes