I-TECH is hiring an App Developer in Lilongwe, Malawi **Deadline October 15th!

I-TECH Malawi has been privileged to provide technical support to the Government of Malawi Ministry of Health (MoH), since 2008, through seconded senior Technical Assistants, Programme Officers and Public Health Fellows. The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) was established in 2002 at the University of Washington in Seattle. I-TECH is funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of Global HIV and TB (CDC-DGHT) under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).

Diversity

The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) and the Department of Global Health recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity and encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff, faculty and students including, but not limited to socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability and age. As reflected in the I-TECH Diversity Statement, our definition of diversity is broad, recognizing that there are multiple definitions of diversity. We strive to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.

I-TECH Malawi wishes to recruit highly qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position.

Malawi Community Health Toolkit APP Developer

Position Overview

The position of the Community Health Toolkit App Developer involves managing project app development. This involves management of the technical configurations and management of the app functionality to ensure optimal performance. It also involves partner support such as capacity building on the usage and optimization of the app and support in case of incidents reported on the app. The app developer will work closely with design and project teams. They are expected to be quick learners and equally quick to adapt to new and changing technologies.

Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities

• Manage Community Health Toolkit project technical development/configurations: Work alongside partnerships leads, project managers, and designers to define scope, design, write technical specifications, and build public health applications

• Develop internal and partner-facing interactive data visualizations for the Community Health Toolkit**.** Work with designers and project managers to ensure that dashboard designs are feasible within the Medic Analytics platform

• Contribute to and maintain a growing code base of JavaScript, JSON configuration, technical documentation, and interactive data visualizations**.** Take up online courses and be aggressive to learn the latest technology

• Conduct functional and unit testing on all developed code and scripts in line with testing frameworks to ensure conformance with defined requirements**.** Ensure general functionality and design of the app is maintained and testing of the app. Ensure that the test coverage is as close as they can get to 100%.

• Manage client timelines, monitor usage of the platform, and any relevant software costs for invoicing purposes to foster strong relationships with partners. Make reference to the statement of works and ensure adherence to partner timelines.

• Support end users and stakeholders (internal and external) on any arising technology issues/bugs to resolve, escalate, and resolve. Make sure the Community Health Toolkit tool can work well with the partner organization recommendations. Monitor the caring acts, monitor the app to ensure that the tool is working well and fix bugs. Improve the tool using feedback from partners.

• Travel to the field to test app and network performance as well as to support deployment when need be.

• Support in proposal writing, publications, present the Community Health Toolkit in meetings, seminars, summits & forums when called upon to do so.

Key Requirements :

● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
● 3+ years of progressive experience in similar roles with demonstrated technical leadership.
● Strong command of written and spoken English.
● Proficient in Javascript or other programming languages.
● Proficient with relational databases, Postgres or MySQL
● Experience with data analysis and data visualisation languages R/Matlab/Python would be of benefit
● Have experience using command-line tools on Linux (preferred) or another UNIX-like operating system.
● Have interest in working with and learning from a globally distributed team of mHealth technology experts.

Additional Skills
● Be familiar with Android SDK, NoSQL databases.
● Project work experience with open source technology.
● Good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgment in the resolution of problems.

Application Process

Applications with Curriculum Vitae (CV), three traceable referees and relevant copy certificates should be emailed to : hr@itech-malawi.org

Deadline for receiving applications is 15th October 2021. I-TECH Malawi, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all applications. However, only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.

For more information about I-TECH, visit our website: http://www.go2itech.org/

Please reach out to me (cfeld@uw.edu) with any questions!