CHT Local Environment Setup

NOTE: This is a public repository. Images or logs containing protected health information (PHI) must be fully-redacted.

Describe the Bug
I can open the CHT Maternal & Newborn Health Reference application on my local environment, but I can not upload a blank project. There is an error in the backup-app-settings script although I do see backups in the backup folder.

INFO compile-app-settings complete.
INFO Starting action: backup-app-settings…
ERROR RequestError: Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 25.5.0.0:80
at new RequestError (C:\Users\JamesStafford\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cht-conf\node_modules\request-promise-core\lib\errors.js:14:15)
at Request.plumbing.callback (C:\Users\JamesStafford\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cht-conf\node_modules\request-promise-core\lib\plumbing.js:87:29)
at Request.RP$callback [as _callback] (C:\Users\JamesStafford\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cht-conf\node_modules\request-promise-core\lib\plumbing.js:46:31)
at self.callback (C:\Users\JamesStafford\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cht-conf\node_modules\request\request.js:185:22)
at Request.emit (events.js:315:20)
at Request.onRequestError (C:\Users\JamesStafford\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cht-conf\node_modules\request\request.js:877:8)
at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:315:20)
at Socket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:469:9)
at Socket.emit (events.js:315:20)
at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:106:8)
at emitErrorCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:74:3)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:80:21)

However there are a couple warnings when running the cht --url=http:
WARN No project package.json file found at C:\Users\JamesStafford\MedicMobile\development\cht-app-tutorials/package.json
WARN Project has no dependency on cht-conf.
Action check-git
WARN git repository not found

I also ran supervisor-inspect and found that medic-couch2pg failed to start
Package ‘medic-couch2pg’:
Service ‘medic-couch2pg’:
Up: 2 seconds, Restarts: 15046
Attributes: watched, expected
Service PID: None, Supervisor PID: 593

Expected Behavior
I expect that when I open the application that Adelia Akiyama (localhost/#/reports) will be gone (and there would be not Test Health Facility in localhost/#/contacts/

Logs
If applicable, include the server or browser logs (check for PHI):
Not sure where the logs are?

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem (check for PHI):

Environment

• Instance: (eg: alpha.dev.medicmobile.org, etc)
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Client platform: Windows WSL2, docker container per local setup
  • App: tutorial app… blank template
  • Version:cht version 3.7.0

Additional Context
Add any other context about the problem here. What have you tried? Is there a workaround?

Hey, could you provide the full command you are running? Also, what are you trying to accomplish? Wiping your local instance so there is no data or config? If you followed the local setup using docker-compose you can tear down the instance with docker-compose down -v and then restart using the same process.

1 Like

Thank you for your help
My plan is to just walk through the tutorial.
I had assumed that I would be able to follow the tutorial using the empty application loaded during the local setup ((overwriting the ANC app) .
However , it looks like that is not going to work as I get a “Error loading form” when trying to add a “New health facility”

However using the application that is “installed” when spinning up the instance seems to allow me to go through the tutorial, which gets me started.

Can this “initial” app for tutorial (not ANC app) be uploaded without tearing down and restarting the instance.